Saturday, January 12, 2013

Meet Virginia - I Mean, Amy




Hi there! I’m Amy, the other half of Pins & Needles – I figured I better get around to introducing myself one of these days!

I’m married to a great guy (he actually let me turn our spare room into a craft room instead of a man cave, so you know I'm keeping him around) and I have a crazy nineteen month old, John.





 
                                                   Aka his royal highness, the keeper of our home

Hopefully he’ll calm down a little when his sibling gets here. I’m fourteen weeks along, so basically my life consists of telling John not to pick his nose with things and trying not to puke. Oh, and "Dooby dooby do, ba dooby dooby do. A-gent Pppp!" is pretty much the soundtrack of my brain...

I will warn you right now: I am not a good blogger (I’m just glad Tasha is - personally, I think she has a blog-inator that I haven't discovered yet). My own poor little blog that's been up for almost a year has a total of six posts, one of them talking about why I don't post more. Basically, a narcissistic complex (here's the proof: I spelled that right on the first try and am not ashamed to brag about it) and a fear of people mocking what I write don't mix well.

(The point of that paragraph being: I plan on writing MAYBE half the posts my amazing partner does and totally blaming the baby for it)

Tasha told you about how we met and it's pretty much the same on my end. I have to admit, I was more nervous for that blind play date than for the blind date where I met Andy!


 
My own shop is called Seams like Sunday on Etsy, where I sell my sewing projects. I have a few crocheted items on there, but my wrists decided to start giving out, so there probably won't be any more of those! I have been sewing since I was twelve (we'll just say that was more than ten but less than twenty years ago...) when my mom taught me and haven’t stopped since! I currently have four bookshelves full of fabric and a moratorium on buying any more, so here's hoping I can start getting things cranked out (again, I'm going to blame the baby for making me tired).

 

And John - for doing this to my craft room. Busted!
 
 Maybe I'll even be inspired to whip up a tutorial or two!



I am so looking forward to what this year has to bring: I think between a new baby, the Farmer's Market, my regular shop, and a blog to keep up, it's going to be busy but amazing! Thanks so much for coming along for the ride!


 


PS: I always thought I would write a classy, crafty blog, but I think I've already made too many Phineas and Ferb references for that...


Follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment