Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome Friends!


Happy Monday all! I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Natasha! You will meet my partner in crime Amy a little later. I'm a stay at home mom to a very rambunctious toddler Mr. Miles! My husband and my son are the highlights of my life, followed by crafting!

I have always been artsy fartsy (yes it is the first post and I have already used a flatulent remark... sorry but I can't promise anything) I learned to sew at a young age by my grandmother. This woman rocked the sewing machine! She could rock out a dozen barbie clothes in an afternoon, and they looked just like you bought them from the store! so to say I had a good teacher is an understatement. Any art/craft classes offered in high school you can bet I was in it and acing it! Unfortunately after high school came that dreaded adult hood, and responsibilities. Ughh, I know right!

I became very business oriented and wanted to climb that corporate ladder and be the best at it all. This didn't leave room for any crafting time. After getting married and having my son my perspective on life changed... a lot! As much as I wanted to be the best of the best in my job what I really wanted was to be home with my precious boy! After a family tragedy I needed to find something to help channel my emotions, what better than getting lost in a pile of fabric and loads of glue sticks, right??

This is when Paige P. Boutique was created.


Named after the baby we had lost, I started making hair accessories for little girls. Once I realized how easy they were to make and how much fun they were to make I was addicted! I am not even going to lie, I would sneak a glue gun and fabric into my office so I could craft throughout the day! :) I know bad girl, but I thought being a boss was my calling; when in reality this was my calling! I remembered those jewelry classes back in high school and broadened my boutique.

When an opportunity to walk away from corporate America and be a crafty stay at home mom arose, I jumped at that! With extra time at home I was able to broaden my boutique. More jewelry, bow/jewelry holders, purses, aprons, ear warmers, and much more. I didn't start my boutique hoping to be a big money making business, but in the back of my head I really did want it to be something special.

Insert partner Amy now! :) Introduced by one of my best friends as, "Tash, you are just going to love her! She loves sewing and stuff just like you!" My first thought was, "Ooooooo someone who speaks my language." , but then dread set in and I wondered if my crazy crafting obsession would be off putting to someone who was either a: not as into the love of fabric and thread as me. Or b: a super serious crafting connoisseur. One step into her house and seeing all of her fabric and goodies and I knew it was a match made in heaven. Not only were we the same age, with boys close in age, we were those special breed of obsessed crafters! After many play dates (the boys playing with toys, and the mommies playing with fabric and glitter!) we decided that this summer we are going to sell our goodies at the local farmer's market. Hence the birth of Pins & Needles!!

But why stop at just a farmer's market booth, why not make a blog so we can share with you some of our favorite crafts, recipe's, stories, and whatever else we decide! Stick around with us and we will show you some of our tricks of the trade, tutorials, and provide you recipes from some of our favorite meals!




You can follow Paige P. Boutique and Pins & Needles on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment